04 June 2009

i am

more than a figment of
some 1's imagination. I am.
of some purpose in the life of some-
1, maybe that I have not yet met
if not to people that I know, or both.
I am. Aware of the importance of
spirituality over material obsession. I
am important to myself if not to anyone
else. I am. Not all things to all people,
but some things to some people and other
things to other people. No facades, please,
for I am. Who I am. What I am. I am
how I am for whatever reason only God
and my mother knows I am. Middle class.
I don't have a need for millions when there are millions
in need.
I am. No one can please everyone. Hated by
some
Loved by others.
I am different from what I was
yesterday and yesterday I was different from what I was
the day
before.
1 must strive to always improve 1's self.
I
am
ab-
stra
ct. com
ple
x. simple.
(mysterious). revealing.
weak
STRONG
ugly
handsome. Cold
Hot.
p o li ti c al.
noncommital.

tough.
i hurt.
there4,
i
am

1 comment:

Midas69 said...

I truly believe this poem was written more for you than anyone else - and thats the inherent beauty in it. An affirmation, a blaring declaration to the world of who you are and what you're about. Loved the unique syntax and play on words to convey your sense of style. Whenever someone makes such a definitive and intimate poem as this, it can only be one thing - beautiful.