13 July 2016

we do change.

A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell.

--C. S. Lewis

words. when i was younger i use to wonder why God did not just line us up and sort each of us out according to our choices- Him being infinite and all knowing, why the necessity of each person living through each life? not that i've fully answered my childhood inquiries, some insight has been gleaned. we really do change. there truly are some pains, some experiences that cannot be substituted, or learned from books- reminding me that this flesh is weaved to me. some things must be done. must be felt. must be ached for. and must be held empty. some loves let go. and some loves left unknown.

hope, mercy, and grace. we truly do need each other.
--alexgeorge

2 comments:

Don said...

Agreed. Your comments and Lewis quote.

Like yourself, there are many questions concerning Jehovah and His plan for mankind that I reach the point where I simply stop ...

Cause, like the bible stated, my understanding is nowhere near God. It's a thought that blows my mind.

Daij said...

yeah, it blows my mind to. I have to recite to myself constantly, 'lean not to thy own udnerstanding.'