03 September 2014

Reminiscing

 I never heard these songs before today, but their styles took me waaaaaay back, to 15 years ago.

Silver Spring Maryland, where I lived.
Washington Dc, where I worked 10 miles away.
Chocolate city.
Steve Harvey on the radio or TD Jakes on BET as I got dressed for work.   D'angelo, Jill Scott, Luther Vandross, Stevie Wonder, The Roots, Mos Def, Musiq Soulchild, Nas, Jay-Z, Destiny's Child, The Clipse, etc on the radio 24/7, 365.
Chocolate city.
My friend Henry. My friend Amanda. My friend Roland. My friend Diego. My friend Onyx. My friend Jeffrey. My friend Daniel. My friend Kirby.
Shakara and her fights when I would take her to predominately black clubs (there were many in Dc because it was Chcocolate City) and all of a sudden black women would find me attractive when I was with her.
Chocolate city.
 Lots of times I wish Washington Dc was still 10 miles away to the east,
Madison, Milwaukee, and Racine 10 miles away to the west,
 Southern California 10 miles away to the north

(and Paris to the south)




No comments: