14 June 2015

Medicine for the Nightmare, The Way Out is Through, The Beginning and The End of Everything, and Transmission 011809

The Way Out Is Through
With the exception of  3 people I know, who downloaded all 4 of my novellas via Amazon Kindle, I had 400 other downloads, all of which came from Australia, France and the UK.
That's right. only 3 people in the United States. 

Anyway, I has googled 'how to increase downloads of amazon kindle", and I saw this article that said:
People like freebies, and they like “expensive” freebies.
If you won a car in a competition and had two choices – a $20,000 car for free, or a $2,000 car for free, which would you pick?
Prior to this promotional period, my book was $7.99. When it went “free” on the Kindle store, it said $7.99 FREE. This meant an $8 ‘discount’ during the free period, as opposed to books which were normally 99c, and are then free during promotion (99c discount).
This, of course, doesn’t mean my book is better than anyone else’s which is lower priced: but it gives the impression of a larger discount. I suspect this increased the number of downloads.
- See more at: http://www.seanogle.com/entrepreneurship/increase-amazon-kindle-book-sales#sthash.HdA4gGJ3.dpuf

So I increased the price from $2.99 to $5.00. Hopefully this will help increase sales.  wish me luck!

No comments: