22 December 2015

Soultight

Is your soul tight?


Quite often I wonder about myself.

Given the environment in which I was raised, it amazes others as well as myself that I hadn't committed suicide, or caused harm to my family or animals,  or have been one of those bullied kids who punished their school by setting off a bomb or shot rounds of bullets at my enemies. I'm glad I didn't have access to a gun or had the ingenuity to create a bomb with household items. I was angry and sad more often than I was happy. I was beaten, poisoned, physically and mentally abused. I often wondered 'why is he doing this to me?' I cried so much, that he called me sissy more than he called me my name. Even to this day, I am emotionally diminished by the mental abuse he inflicted on me. I believe the mental was worse than the physical.    It is through God's grace that I have never been arrested,  that I have never inflicted harm on anyone that I love, that I never had to set foot in a police department or insane asylum for anything.  I give honor to all the speech pathologists/ counselors I met with, from first grade through 12th grade.
Though at times I feel I'm coming apart at the seems, I get up every morning and I go to work and make a daily attempt to exceed the expecations of my manager. I am gentle, and I am loving and I am kind, and open to all people. I know how it feels to not be wanted, to be treated like an after thought,  to be treated like shit. Is your soul tight?   I'm not sure about mine.

No comments: