23 April 2019

loving u is like a revolution


(within me

                          ) a change
i can feel
but i can’t see
a movement
a revival of sorts;
slowly bringing back to life something I thought was dead
or unused for so long that it had closed up

loving you is like a revolution
a spinning around in my head
a new heart
to replace the old one that had hardened
from prolonged exposure to the cold, lies, bullshit, and the lack of appreciation.
and suddenly I’m loving what I used to hate
and hating what I used to love
I don’t care that I’m wearing clothes I don’t like, obviously,
or spending hours with you at the mall
or going to your church
because I’m with you and loving you.
what am I doing,
and who is this person that made this new change?
this is not like me;
what is happening?
I know what it is….

I’m being loved and cherished and appreciated and respected in return!

(fin-
ally)


--alexgeorge




4 comments:

Don said...

Good prose.

Sounds like one of those times where change is appreciated.

Daij said...

thank you Don

Moanerplicity said...

Wow! Very, VURRRR well-stated!


One.

Daij said...

@ Moanerplicity, thanks!