30 November 2019

Words and action are 2 different things

Just thinking,

people are always telling me that I should open a storefront to sell my baked goods, as they seem to like what I make, and they like my facebook and instagram posts of my cakes and other desserts (check out A Cake Supreme ) but if I had a dollar for every one of them who actually purchased anything from my business,


I'd have 99 cents.

A friend from Wisconsin saw facebook posts of all the desserts I made for thanksgiving (a mango coconut cake with honey buttercream frosting, an apple pie with cinnamon roll crust, and champagne ice cream) and she assumed that I was probably busy with all of my cake orders for thanksgiving. I told her, 'no, I only had one order. My friend Anton orders a cake from me every thanksgiving, Christmas, birthday, or other social event. All the rest you saw posted on facebook that day was what I had made for a dinner to which I was invited.'    On another post, another friend from Salem Oregon assumed the same thing, that I was probably busy with thanksgiving orders. I replied, saying what I had said previously, and his response was, ' maybe they're too far away?'   I said 'most are local.'
He said 'well that sucks. Kinda like window shopping. That doesn't help the store owner.'

I didn't respond.







No comments: