24 February 2020

some people

some friendships are more fragile than others, but are fragile friendships really friendships?

some of my friendships end once I decide to stop initiating our method communicating. And by the way- my only reason for stopping is to see if they care enough me to ask why they haven't heard from me.

some, i never hear from again.

others will message me within a certain length of time, to check in on me.

i'm not talking about all friendships. i have a friend from high school, jimmy; we may connect once every 5 or 6 months, and we can catch up where we left off as if no time has passed. 

i'm talking about those i connect with regularly. those that i realize are fragile. those that i never ever hear from again.

i once had a group of friends that i hung out with regularly. every payday weekend we'd drive to either milwaukee or chicago and party it up. one day i wanted to see if i was inviting myself, so i didn't call any of them.  the very next payday weekend, they went to chicago. no one even called to check in on me to ask where i was or why i wasn't with them.  i got my answer.


communication is very important to me, and if people can't spare 5 seconds to text 'hey wassup' at the very least, that tells me so much about them. 

No comments: