30 May 2023

on running away

       Life is endlessly unpredictable, and no matter how much we invest in the people around us, they may not always reciprocate in the ways we hope or expect. Despite this, I remain committed to pouring my energy into others and giving them the best of me, even when I don't receive the same in return.

      It's not always easy to maintain this level of generosity. When you feel as though everyone around you is taking advantage of your kindness or not giving enough back, it's tempting to withdraw or become resentful. However, I choose to rise above these feelings and continue to give as much as I can.

      There's a certain joy that comes from seeing the impact of your kindness on someone else's life. Even if they don't express gratitude or seem to take you for granted, knowing that you've made a positive difference can be incredibly fulfilling. I believe that we are called to serve others with a selfless heart, regardless of whether that service is returned.

      Of course, this doesn't mean that we should allow ourselves to be continuously taken advantage of or mistreated. It's essential to set boundaries and maintain healthy relationships, even if it means stepping back from people who only drain us. However, I firmly believe that even in challenging relationships, there's always room to give from a compassionate and giving heart.

      In a world that can be harsh and cruel, I choose to be a beacon of light and love. It may not always be easy, but I know that by giving my best to the people around me, I can create a ripple effect that will be felt far beyond my immediate sphere of influence. So even when I don't get the same in return, I will continue to pour myself into the people in my life, trusting that my generosity will be felt and appreciated in ways beyond my understanding.

currently listening to You can't change that, by Ray Parker Jr


follow me @ https://soultight.blogspot.com/

No comments: