06 October 2023

The Bare Minimum.

 



I learned a lesson today. 

I finally got it through my thick skull, to stop going above and beyond to make people happy and to stop caring what people think of me. It's a waste of time, and some people are not worth it. The manner of which I was spoken to this morning  in regards to constant attempts to be regarded as nice and cool and thoughtful was so heartbreaking. I learned a lesson today. Like everyone else involved, as of today, I will do the bare minimum. I will give the bare minimum. I will not show up with gifts. I will not offer to pay for anything except for myself. I will not offer to pick anyone up. I will not offer to drive anyone home. I will not offer to pay for others. I will not stay behind to help clean up.  I will not arrive on time. As soon as people begin to leave, I will do the same. I will not call to ask if they had a good day. I will do the bare minimum. I will not stand out anymore. The days of people-pleasing are over. Periodt.


currently listening to Koo Koo, by Sheila E



No comments: