13 March 2013

The latest

Avocado Chocolate Chip.
That's right! Avocado in a cake.  I thought I was being original with the combination until I googled avocado and chocolate and saw it's been done many times before. When a friend from Brazil told me that she used to slice avocados and dip them in sugar and sprinkle cinnamon on them and their kids would have them for dessert, and how she would have avocados disguised as chocolate pudding- I knew I was on to something. 

 Avocados have a faint flavor, so I added a half a cup of melted white chocolate chips to the batter along with a cup of dark chocolate chips. You wouldn't know avocados were even in it.   Because avocados are creamy and fatty, I only had to use about 2 tablespoons of  vegetable oil instead of the half a cup to three- quarter cups of oil  I normally use for my cakes. It was really nice and flavorful and moist.  The Sales department here agreed. The cake was gone in about an hour and I've received separate cake orders.

No comments: