22 May 2014

Note to Self

A friend in Indianapolis once did me wrong and he asked for forgiveness a couple times. I never forgave him. It was something so insignificant I can't even remember what it was that he had done. One day, about 5 years later, he popped in my head. I decided it was time to forgive him, so I called his number. I didn't get an answer. So I called his mom. --She said he had died a week earlier from Hodgkins Lymphoma. I couldn't speak. I was sad, and pissed at myself that I let something so stupid, so minimal end a good friendship. Forever. He gave me three opportunities to accept his apology and I refused to forgive him. I learned my lesson- to forgive people even if they don't ask for forgiveness. You never know if the last time you see someone is indeed the last time.

3 comments:

Dawna said...

Sorry to hear of this, v sad indeed. You weren't to know. I find forgiveness hard at times. but sometimes it is difficult. we do our best
hope your weekend has been a good one

Dawna said...

Sorry to hear of this, v sad indeed. You weren't to know. I find forgiveness hard at times. but sometimes it is difficult. we do our best
hope your weekend has been a good one

Daij said...

Thanks. Hope your weekend was great. I'm glad the weekend is over with.