30 April 2015

one day i will be unrecognizable:


bits and pieces of the old
are coming together
/slowly
converging
being replaced with the new-
fragments of the whole
(of me         ):
the peeling of layers
thinned out by exposure
to
Lies
Jealousy
Hatred
Hypocrisy
Scheming
One-up man-ship
Under the guise of friendship
& replaced by newer heavier thicker layers
protected from exposure
strong enough to withstand
fake people
& fairweather friends

refusing to be like Lot’s wife
I look ahead.

One day I will be unrecognizable
You will one day be looking for me
 and I will be standing amongst  you:
brand new
   --alexgeorge

repost

2 comments:

25champ said...

This poems sounds like the path I took and who I am 2day. This hit home. Good Read!

Daij said...

:) thanks man! I found that picture last night and I had to compose something to complement it. Glad you like!