15 October 2022

I don't know...


 I'm a Christian. A proud Christian. I have friends of all nationalities and alot of religions. I have one friend named Charles (not his name). He's Samoan, and he's an athiest. A proud athiest. He is so proudof his athiesm that he critiques me everytime I say something about Christianity or faith, or praying for my blessings. As he says- and I can't argue with him- he doesn't pray to anyone. He just goes for what he wants and he succeeds every time.  I can't argue with him because I can remember when he talked about attending Architecture school while I was beginning my career as an underwriter. He succeeded. Then he talked about this very gorgeous blond who worked at my job. She was happily married, but Charlie said she was going to be his wife, and within 5 years they were married, while I failed ( and am still failing) at finding love. Then they wanted a house and his dad paid the downpayment as a gift. Then he was winning awards and climbed up the corporate ladder and he became a dad and now has 5 sons. I'm the Godfather to the first 3. The oldest son is in his freshman year of college,  and everything is going so well for Charlie while nothing about my life is going well at all no matter how hard I try, and no matter how hard I pray; Charles likes to remind me that he doesn't pray at all. Everything he hopes for  comes to fruition. While I'm glad for people it makes me sad to watch  people experience things and achieve goals I've been trying to attain for a lifetime. Like I said, I'm a Christian. A proud Christian. I don't do any one wrong, so my karma should be good. Good things should be coming to me. It doesn't make sense to me how everything I touch turns to s%*t.  My Christian friends ( and family) like to say that it's never in my time but in God's time. Keep striving, keep pushing. There's a time and place for everything, but I don't know...

Here's a song I have to listen to when I'm feeling this way-->Encourage Yourself, by Donald Lawrence & The Tri-City Singers

No comments: