13 July 2023

To myself.

This is a post only I will see.  

I don't mean to write to myself, but I've no one to talk to, and blogging is a way to satisfy my creative side, and create a record. Sometimes someone will say something that will remind me of a post I made once, and I'll send it to them. Blogging is a habit I tried to break a few times. During covid I stopped blogging ( no one knew I stopped because no one asked me why I had stopped) but I started again recently. 

Like I said, I'm blogging to myself. I will sometimes send posts to some friends, and they always compliment them or send heart or like emojis. A few even said they didn't know I was blogging ( despite the fact that alot of my facebook posts in the past have been from my blogs), and with each blog post I ask people to follow me, yet over the years the number of followers have remained at 98- all of which are bots. The few actual humans who followed me in the past have all gave up on blogging.  I'm a short story writer too, but blogging is easier and quicker. An idea can pop in my head, and I can write it up and publish it right away. Even though no one will see it, unless I forward it to them. I cannot count the number of people who have DM'd me telling me that something I had sent to them inspired them or the blog I sent to them was something they really needed to read that day, yet they haven't subscribed to the blog. 

Again, I don't mean to write to myself, but...like I said above.  I was about to say that I'll stop again and just focus on completing my short stories, but I know I won't. 

Like I said, I know I'm writing to myself. 


currently listening to Got To Give It Up, by Marvin Gaye





No comments: