26 January 2010

Pebbles


This is a repost from last year...

Always the eternal optimist? No, not really, but I’m trying. I’m trying to be idealistic. I’m trying my hardest to see the good in all things.
Life keeps placing tall roadblocks on my route towards happiness, and though initially I’m overwhelmed and filled with worry, I go into battle each time, tackling each roadblock and somehow, I am always able to knock them down and step over them or go around them or through them, and keep walking, sometimes unscathed, continuing on my path.
I look back and I can’t see the roadblocks behind me anymore because they’re so small, like pebbles, and then I wonder why I was worried about them in the first place.
I used to let life bring me down, but now I am glad about the roadblocks life supplies. How else would I know my own strength? How else would I know how high I could reach? How else would I know how badly I wanted the happiness I seek? How else would I know that I can face challenges that life presents me?

This is a reminder to myself... I needed to read this again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

" look back and I can’t see the roadblocks behind me anymore because they’re so small, like pebbles, and then I wonder why I was worried about them in the first place." True! very true! What a huge rock!