11 January 2010

Verses of the week

I will bless the LORD at all times: His praise shall  continually be in my mouth. 

Psalm 34:1


I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. 

Psalm 34:4 


Tonight I was watching one of my favorite shows, "Fringe", an Xfiles-type show, and I had alot on my mind. In one scene of tonight's episode, one of the main characters was standing outside of a church, waiting for someone to leave,  and on the marquee was the above verse. The cameraman focused on the marque about maybe 10 seconds. 

I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. 


Psalm 34:4


Just before I saw it, I was talking to God, asking Him for the same thing I had been asking for, all day.
I saw it and I smiled. I feel better. 
Fringe is not a religious-based show. It's science fiction.The characters are self-professed atheists.
One of the scientists mentioned  the Latin translation of  a quote from St Augustine,  to a woman at the end of the episode, in English
;
Unless you believe, you will not understand.


"Even as a scientist, sometimes I have to rely on faith," he told her.


You never know how or where  God is going to communicate with you to be patient with Him.

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like this!

Anonymous said...

i really like this

Don said...

Yes I believe this myself. I have always believed God to speak to us in many different areas of our lives, but, as stated, we fail to hear what's being said where non-belief is concerned.