10 November 2009

IF


God willing, if I wake up tomorrow morning, I will be 47 years old. As a youth, I never even thought of a number as high as 47, but if I see tomorrow morning, I will first get on my knees to thank God for letting me see it!


There are so many things…so many goals I thought I would have attained by now. I’ve got to find a way to make year 47 be the beginning of the best time of my life. Those words have been said countless times before. I’ve got to find out how to be effective, how to make those words come to fruition.

I’m grateful to be as old as I am. I really am. I had a friend with whom I shared the same birthday and birth year, and she was very ill 6 months before our 30th birthday. She was so ill she required hospitalization. All she wanted, at the very least, was to see her 30th birthday, but she died a few days earlier. Every time I even begin to think I’m getting old, I think about Mary; realizing she would be deliriously happy to be 46, I’m grateful to be as old as I am.

I really am.

And God willing, I’ll get older and older.

2 comments:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Happy Birthday, my friend.

My only possible present for you is a brand new thekingpin68 post and some humour.

God bless.

Anonymous said...

Another trip around the sun. Happy Birthday my friend! May you have many more. You have your whole life ahead of you, please don't forget that.

Love,

Danny from Silver Spring :-)