12 November 2009

Random thoughts




30. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day.What a waste.
29. I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger.
28. More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can’t wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that’s not only better, but also more directly involves me.
27. Im a proud, loyal Packer fan and a reluctant Viking fan (thanks alot, Brett Favre).
26. Is it really safe to fly with the flu and the swine flu going around, considering that the air on planes is recycled?
25. How many times is it appropriate to say “What?” before you just nod and smile because you still didn’t hear what they said?
24. Bad decisions make good stories
23. MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
22. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
21. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.
20. I’m 47 now
19. Seems like I was just turning 40
18. My God-son asked me if Adam had a navel since he wasn’t born. I didn’t know how to answer him.
17. I have to shave daily now since my stubble is not black anymore, but grey.
16. I’m 47.
15. I watch too much tv.
14. I’m 47.
13. When will Oprah acknowledge my poetry manuscript I sent her years ago?
12. My Tivo, somehow, seems to know what I want to watch.
11. People in Oregon ask why I’m not wearing a jacket in 50 degree weather, and I just say three words:     “I’m from Wisconsin,” and people automatically understand.
10. I hate snow.
 9.  When I get married I want to wear an Alexander McQueen suit. Or shirt. Or fedora. Or shoes.
 8.  When will Oprah, Steven Spielberg, Quincy Jones, Lee Daniels, or Spike Lee take an interest in the short story manuscripts I’ve sent them?
 7.  I can’t afford the 2010 Jaguar XJ at the moment.
 6.  I need to be hypnotized to hate sweets so I can lose some weight.
 5.  When people say I look like I’m in my 30s are they just saying that to make me feel good?
 4.  I hope to be a homeowner within a year.
 3.  I'm glad I don't know where a Walmart is here; it's easier to avoid it that way.
 2. I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger.
 1. I’m closer to 50 than I have ever been in my life, so far.

No comments: