29 December 2009

A year in review: 2009; is it over yet?

This year has shaped up to be a very challenging year for me. Let me correct that. It has been the worst year for me. I’m glad to see the first Black President of the United States in my lifetime, and I’m glad that my nephew was as excited as I was, but as I look in the mirror, I have as many gray hairs on my head as President Obama now has, and he's been shouldering the burdens of the United States! 

It shouldn’t have been this way!

And I had started the year off on such a good footing and for every step foreward, I've been forced to take three steps backward. I had so many plans, so many things I thought I was going to have accomplished, but John Lennon said it best when he said life happens when you're busy making other plans.  Well, life REALLY happened for me. A friend told me to get out a sheet of paper and draw a line down the middle. On one side, write down all the good things that happened and write down the bad things on the other side. If the bad things outweigh the good things, then you should feel justified in your feelings. Well, I ran out of space on the bad list side, and I had to use the empty space on the good list side. Hopefully 2010 will be better.  It can’t be any worse. Let me take that back quickly. Wait--- let me change the subject altogether.

Soooooo, how’s the weather outside? Is it cold where you are?

No comments: