01 September 2010

I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy. --Og Mandino

I would like to think I am here for a reason. I don't know if it's to be the father or grandfather or great grandfather of a son or daughter who might discover the cure for Cancer or  Aids or something as a simple as being a friend to someone in time of need. Or to make people happy with my poetry or my baking.  Whatever it is, I hope that, like Erma Bombeck says, When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Powerful statement.

Daij said...

:) thanks