17 February 2011

Everyday's a fight

 

                                        Nothing worth having, comes without some kind of fight. 

                                                                           --Bruce Cockburn 

                                                            When I was a kid, I had a friend whose father owned a boxing gym. The gym was our playground after school, and he taught us how to box. I had become really good at boxing, but when his father passed away and his family converted to Islam, my mother forbid me from communicating with him.

 Anyway (back on track), I became an expert in fighting bare-fisted, but since then I've only done it mentally-actually I've only had to fight twice, and that was to protect my sister when we were in junior high school and guys were trying to bully her.

I'm tired of having to fight. I want to sit back and chill and enjoy life and enjoy the rewards of all my hard work, and I do work very hard.

 One day... 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

would lottery winnings fall apply?

Gloria said...

I really like that one!!!! Sit back, enjoy life and chill - you’ve earned it.

Reggie said...

Nice post

Unknown said...

I totally agree about being tired of having to fight. Even the mental fights. Perhaps we will all sit back and chill some day. I, for one, am looking to it. Great post.