05 July 2011

A Proverb

Il n'y a pas d'un choix d'oreillers si doux comme la conscience claire.

R I P Caylee Anthony





(There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience)
                   ~French Proverb

I happen to have 4 married friends that desperately want to have children and can't seem to conceive.  They're taking out loans and maxing their credit cards to pay for invitro-fertilization as a last resort before trying to adopt.  My heart aches for them because they have so much love to give. I have female friends who see their husbands interacting with their nieces and nephews and all they want is to give their husbands  a  son or daughter of their own.  I have friends that are  currently adopting a little boy from Ethiopia, and another set of friends adopting a little girl from China.
And then I know people that get pregnant every time they open their legs. And they don't even want the children they produced. My mom currently takes care of 5 children, all by the same mother, the daughter of a friend from church, and the oldest  of that woman's children is 7 yrs old. And my mom has to beg the mother to come pick them up every evening.Sometimes they have to spend the night when the mother is too drunk to come pick them up.
It's just sad.  It's so unfair.
There are no words.

1 comment:

25champ said...

situation is so sad I can't put into words...I have 2 girls and I just can't understand :(