23 November 2011

if there's one thing i love

In addition to God,



If there’s one thing I love, it’s my mom.


If there’s one thing I love, it’s my entire family.


If there’s one thing I love, it’s my biological mother, even if I don't know who she is


If there’s one thing I love, it’s my biological siblings, even if I don't know who they are.


If there’s one thing I love, it’s my father, even though he didn't love me.


If there’s one thing I love, it’s my God Daughter and her entire family


If there’s one thing I love,it’s my God son and his entire family


If there’s one thing I love, it’s my best friend and his family


If there’s one thing I love, it’s poetry.


If there’s one thing I love,it’s cooking and baking for family and friends

If there’s one thing I love, it’s when people can’t believe I’m over 35


If there’s one thing I love, it’s when I bring a cake to work or parties and people can’t believe I baked it


If there’s one thing I love, it’s when a friend asked me to write a poem to be read at her wedding


If there’s one thing I love, it’s having a job that I love


If there’s one thing I love, it’s The Boondocks


If there’s one thing I love, it’s sarcasm


If there’s one thing I love, it’s when people are lying to me and they don’t know that I know they’re lying.


If there’s one thing I love, it’s when my accent becomes a conversation peace (people always ask what Caribbean Island I am from)


If there’s one thing I love, it’s seeing a mother, father, and kids, playing, laughing and smiling.


If there’s one thing I love, it’s feeling my grandfather's presence when I'm cooking.
If there’s one thing I love, it’s that God is good.


If there’s one thing I love, it’s when an attractive woman that I don't know smiles at me and says hi


If there’s one thing I love, it’s that I get to live during a time when a black man is president of the United States


If there’s one thing I love, it’s the idea of love itself









2 comments:

EarthAngel172 said...

I can feel your joy throughout this post. You are a blessed man indeed.

Sidenote -- I've been baking a lot this year and I believe food, especially cakes and breads, have healing powers. LOL

My stepdad is not family oriented at all and it has been an issue in the past with our family. I started baking him cakes and breads this year and to be honest, he has really come around. I guess it's true what they say, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. LOL

Just thought I'd share that with you.

Daij said...

Hey Jetaime
That makes total complete sense. There's a whole lot of truth to the quote about food being good for the soul. My grandfather was a chef in the military, and when my mother and her sisters grew up, he did all the cooking. My mom still not can not cook. I learned by watching him. As a matter of fact, my earliest memory is of me at maybe 3. I was sitting on a stool in the kitchen by the stove, watching my grandfather cooking greens, frying chicken, boiling potatoes, etc. I love cooking, but most of all, I love watching people enjoy what I have made. That was how my grandfather was. Food is good for the soul. Especially when it's a group of family and friends. I think food is the way to anyone's heart. My past girlfriends and dates seem impressed when I have cooked for them. I would rather do all the cooking. I cooked every meal at home when i was growing up. My mom and sister cleaned the house since I did all the cooking! strange, huh?