14 August 2012

Lauryn Hill's Mugshot

She Faces Jail Time For Tax Evasion

as per Lauryn HIll's post on her Tumblr page:

Over-commercialization and its resulting restrictions and limitations can be very damaging and distorting to the inherent nature of the individual. I did not deliberately abandon my fans, nor did I deliberately abandon any responsibilities, but I did however put my safety, health and freedom and the freedom, safety and health of my family first over all other material concerns! I also embraced my right to resist a system intentionally opposing my right to whole and integral survival.

The eight-time Grammy award-winning talent faces three years in prison for failure to pay taxes between the years 2005 and 2007. Hill was originally charged in June 2012.   According to The Daily Mail,  she is currently free on $150,000 unsecured bond and is scheduled to be sentenced on Nov. 27.                


2 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

Whoa! I would have NEVER recognized her. She CAN go out in public looking like that (which I'm sure she does) & not a SOUL would recognize her. Well, until she boldly published this picture.

I seriously worry about Miss Hill & have for quite some time. But, at least she LOOKS like she's in her right mind... in this pic anyway.


One.

Reggie said...

At least she got purty for it.

We've all gotta render onto Caesar what is Caesar's. But hey, I don't like coming off mine neither!!!