23 August 2012




 I sang this song for the final exam for my Voice Class when I was in college. My professor was tired of my singing Luther Vandross, Teddy Pendergrass and Barry Manilow songs. Their songs seem to fit my lower register. Anyway, she wanted me to challenge myself. Back then there was only Barbra Streisand's version of this song, so I bought the sheet music and I worked with the pianist to 'lutherize' it ( my professor's term). My boss was disappointed that I did what I did (do you have to lutherize every song?), instead of singing it plainly, but I received a standing ovation. She told me later on that the standing ovation was what kept me from getting a B. I got an A.

I've loved that song ever since. I know this sounds sappy, but I imagine singing that either  to the woman that's going to be my wife, or at the wedding reception. Or maybe having her sing it with me.

 Yes, I'm a romantic. I can't help it.  

Maybe that's the problem.

No comments: