01 October 2012

2 % for real ?

Coconut Cake with Macadamia Nut Buttercreme Frosting  ( with Macadamia Nuts on top)
Today is my 5 years of being employed at this job. Honestly, I can say it's a blessing. 5 years in to it and  I still come to work on monday mornings with  a smile on my face. I thank God every day that not only do I have a job, but also a job that I really like.  I just wish the raises were more than they are.
I just returned from my Performance Review. Surprise meetings with bosses always make nervous. Those last minute meetings with past employers have resulted in my getting written up for something- or worse,my getting fired. But I've been with this employer and they have loved me since day one.  My reviews have always been 'exceeding expecations.'  Sales noted that they like me and that I'm a pleasure to work with (I'm sure it's also because of the cakes I bring in to the office). My boss's boss likes that I always ask for projects.  No one has ever had a negative thing to say about me at this job.  In other words, I jump through lots of hoops with a smile on my face.  I am blessed.

And the maximum raise this year?

2%.   It's usually 3%.

I'm disappointed about the raise, but I'm trying to maintain a positive attitude. After all, having a job that I love was one of my answered prayers.

Above is a Coconut Cake with Macadamia Nut Buttercreme Frosting  ( with Macadamia Nuts on top),  I made, commemorating my 5 years.


2 comments:

Mel Kinnel (@TizMellyMel) said...

Yeah, I've always wondered where the jobs are that hook you up with a 20% raise like in the movies or on TV because I've never lucked up and had one. LOL!

The cake looks really good!

Daij said...

Thanks Melissa! I want one of those jobs too. My department eats like a big, but the sales department takes to my cakes like a pirahna with a piece of ground beef!