21 February 2013

My Latest

An Amarula Pistachio Cake
A coworker challenged me to make a cake with Pistachios in it, and I did. Not only did he love it, but the sales department did as well. As usual, they took to it like Pirahnas take to raw meat.
As much as I love to write, I have to believe that baking makes me happy. I say that because, after I put the cake in the oven and I started cleaning the kitchen and putting everything away, I was happy. I remember wondering why I was happy, and I couldn't come up with anything besides baking.
People have suggested I start a business, but I wouldn't want it to be something I had to do in order to make a living. I might begin to dread it. I get pleasure out of watching people enjoy my food.  Like my grandfather. I remember the holidays. He would spend hours in the kitchen, then sit at the table and fellowship with us as we ate the many items he prepared. He wasn't even hungry. He'd always  eat later on.  He was happy.

Obviously,  baking makes me happy as well.

3 comments:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

First-rate as always...

Now if you could only email me a piece...

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

That cake looks delicious! You have real talent. :)

Daij said...

Thnk you, Russell and Gorgeous Puddin!

Next up--Avocado Chocolate Chip.