18 August 2013

Canada and Chorizo Gravy

I'm in one of the 3 largest cities in Canada, Vancouver, British Columbia, over the weekend. Cloudy and rainy today but I still love it here. Last year my friend Rob from Malaysia came to visit, and I cooked every meal. What he liked the most was my buttermilk biscuits with chorizo gravy that I made every morning because he kept asking for it. . Anyway,  he got married today-it was last minute; he had been talking to his fiancé , Diane for months about my cooking. She surprised him by paying for my flight to Vancouver. She picked me up at the airport and drove me to her fiance's Bachelor's Party.  The look on his face.- he was so happy and surprised.  This morning for breakfast, I made
Brouillade de Truffes ( eggs with black truffles),  my buttermilk biscuits with chorizo gravy, and something new that I been making recently- sweet potato biscuits with apple butter spread and Canadian bacon, for the happy couple, the best man and his wife, and Rob's parents.   
They all asked for seconds of everything, and I had to make more. I didn't mind. Asking for seconds of my food is one of the my favorite compliments.
Buttermilk Biscuits & Chorizo Gravy

 

Sweet Potato Biscuits

1 comment:

Dawna said...

What a lovely thing for her to do!! and a nice surprise for both of you..
Those biscuits.. they look so yummy :).. wish they could be transported via 'blogtaste'.
sounds like you've had a nice time