07 August 2013

Only Three Things Matter

In The End, Only Three Things Matter: How Much You Loved, How Gently You Lived, And How Gracefully You Let Go Of Things Not Meant For You. 

These are the thoughts I try to remember. Why did I choose for this to happen? What is the lesson here? It's as if I have a check-list of lessons to learn in a limited amount of time. One big obstacle course and scavenger hunt and labyrinth and capture-the-flag and hide and seek game all combined into what we call life.
So when it rains, I remember that it is on purpose.
When I can't see clearly through the window, I accept that maybe I'm not meant to.
When the doors don't open, I trust that I'm meant to take the longer way through for a better reason.
When I make a mistake, I know that tests can be taken again. Wrong sizes can be exchanged. Pencils have erasers. Computers allow us to cut and paste. Wounds heal and scar tissue is stronger.

 

2 comments:

Dawna said...

This post resonates with me. I've had a tough time of late..emotionally, past few years really..hopefully learning the lessons now, so thank you for such an encouraging post

Daij said...

Thank you Dawna. I'm glad you saw it.