23 December 2013

Maybe next year

Time for a party with family and friends and my Turkey and dressing, candied yams, sweet potato pie, cakes, and contributions from my sister and others (though I’d gladly cook everything), with Sounds of Blackness and the soundtrack to The Preacher’s Wife playing in the background—

Well, maybe next year. I’m going to my best friend’s Deaconal Ordination in Los Angeles in early January so I have to count my coins.

This year (unless one of my local friends invites me to their home) I will be feeding the homeless in the morning and I’ll go home and roast a Cornish game hen with Garlic and Rosemary, make some dressing, bake some macaroni & cheese, make some collards- maybe even chittlins to snack on throughout the day (and through new years eve), treat myself to a movie ( anything other than Madea’s Christmas) in the evening, and iron my clothes for work the next day.

2 comments:

Dawna said...

Merry Christmas Alieux

Daij said...

Thanks you as well, Dawna