12 December 2013

Those were the days

When I was younger, I took it upon myself to remind my sister when it was Mother’s Day, and when it was my mother’s birthday every year for about 15 years, which she appreciated because she could never remember them-

- until she got pregnant with my nephew and she informed my mom and myself that she was going to be a mother that year- and to please do not forget Mother’s day.

It was important that I did what was necessary to keep my mom happy.

I never reminded my sister of my birthday since she should always remember that it was 6 days after hers. But she always forgot. It took me 10 more birthdays to start forgetting hers as well.

Everyone I have ever loved, I remember their birthdays. I even remember their kids’ birthdays. Some I commemorate, some I don’t.

                       

No comments: