15 August 2011

i miss these things.

  • seeing more than 5 black people per week
  • taking my nephew for drives every other weekend
  • seeing my mother every other weekend as well
  • listening to tom joyner in the morning on the radio while getting ready for work
  • making love to the same woman multiple times per week
  • her scent on my pillow
  • hangin with my friend Jeff and catching a movie
  • baking cakes for my department and the cakes being devoured within 30 minutes
  • seeing more than 5 black people per week
  • the African World Fests every summer in Milwaukee
  • the Arab World Fests every summer in Milwaukee as well
  • having my family to rely on when my friends are busy and it's the weekend
  • turning on the radio and hearing Jill Scott, Luther Vandross, Anthony Hamilton and D' Angelo and others of that genre
  • taking the train to work in  DC
  • having too many friends to hang out with.
  • not having to call 50 people to see what they have planned for the weekend and having only one person respond
  • driving with my friend Henry to atlantic city every payday friday
  • seeing more than 5 black people per week
  • being in love
  • being happy
  • i think i even miss the snow, even though I remember hating it. but at least i was with family
  • having social things in common with the people I meet
  • happy hour with friends after work
  • knowing every one in the gym and the ease with which I made new friends
  • making love to the same woman multiple times per week
  • seeing more than 5 black people per week
  • my friends
  • Wisconsin, period





1 comment:

BigmacInPittsburgh said...

Interesting list,for me having inteligent people to conversate with,no matter where I am is most important.
I need people around me who give me honest assements of me and my behavior.
I don't need sugarcoating!