14 February 2012

of u


until now.

until i heard

the softness of your voice

i never heard music.

until i saw

the brightness,

the warmth of your smile

i never saw beauty.

until i felt

the heat of you next to me

i never felt needed.

until i smelled

the light floral sweetness of your perfume on your body

i never smelled passion.

until.

& until

the sweetness (until

now)       i

tasted of you

your sensuous full lips

have i kissed before you.

and until you

 i  have never

 lived.

--Alex George






5 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

Beautiful poem, bruh. Romantic, wistful & very Valentine's Day appropriate.


One.

Daij said...

@ Moanerplicity, Thanks man!

Don said...

Daij, you are a gifted poet. Sounds like you've fallen in love as well. I wanted to post a poem yesterday but instead slid the prose inside of a Valentines Day card...

Daij said...

Thanks Don, but no, I'm not in loved. Love is illuding me. God knows how badly I want to be in love though. My guess is that He's waiting until the right time for us to make that connection. But I can dream though. In order for me to write of love, I have to remember how I felt the last time I was in love.

25champ said...

Loved it ...I know this feeling all 2 well #LivingIT