08 February 2012

What The F**K ??

Ariz. Lawmaker Proposes Holiday for Whites

An Arizona lawmaker recently suggested a holiday for white people before his state Legislature, according to KPHO Phoenix.
The suggestion comes after a Latino state legislator, Rep. Richard Miranda, proposed a Latino American Day. Republican Cecil Ash proposed his idea on the House floor right afterward.
"I'm supportive of this proposition. I just want them to assure me that when we do become in the minority, you'll have a day for us," Ash told KPHO Phoenix.
There was laughter on the House floor after Ash's proclamation, but he said that he will not back down from his statement. "Yes, I think it was appropriate. It was appropriate for the mood that was in the House, and I think that if and when the Caucasian population becomes a minority, they may want to celebrate the accomplishments and the contributions of the Caucasian population the same way," Ash said.
So let's go down the list of interesting and controversial characters in the state of Arizona: Sheriff Joe "I Racially Profile and Don't Allow Spanish Spoken in Jail" Arpaio, Gov. Jan "I Wag My Finger in the President's Face" Brewer and now Ash.
The only reason there are observances honoring people of color is the history of forced exclusion of their accomplishments in this country's history books, classrooms and media. Too many children of all ethnicities don't know about the history and achievements of nonwhites; Ash's utterances just show how out of touch many people remain in this country.

--courtesy eurweb.com

One commenter said:    I agree with the good Senator. I believe future generations as well as today's youth could benefit from knowing how some Whites have raped, murdered and pillaged every possible population of this earth which in the end caused them their own demise! Yup...I'm all for it. I will personally design the curriculum. :0)

No comments: