25 May 2012

If I had the power to cast spells

If I had the power to cast spells ...


  • I would remove whatever it was that was preventing Lauryn Hill and D'Angelo from releasing new music.
  • Nicki Minaj and Lady Gaga and all their imitators would never ever be heard from again.
  • Anthony Hamilton, Dwele, Ledisi, Chrisette Michelle, Georgia Anne Muldrow, Amel Larrieux, and Timothy Bloom would not be slept on, 
  • Janet Jackson would be in the studio, working with Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis and Rodney Jerkins and Prince.
  • Prince would remake Erotic City, this time with Janet Jackson taking over Sheila E's part
  • BET would have good quality programming that wasn't the caucasian version of MTV.
  • Some famous director would discover me and would want to make movies out of some of my short stories.
  • I already have a BS detector. I would want a built-in lie detector as well.
  • My ex girlfriend Shakara's brothers and uncles would not believe in Sharia Law. Otherwise I'd overlook that she was Muslim and would marry her.
  • Everyone who says they're Christian would behave like a Christian.
  • I would go back in time to just before I made serious errors in judgment.
  • People would reap what they sow a little quicker.
  • I would give everyone things they weren't born with, like empathy, compassion and the capacity to love.
  • Little kids don't care if others are black, white, latino or asian or muslim or Christian. They don't recognize race as something that matters. They understand that skin comes in different colors, but the same way hair and eyes do, they take it as just something else that makes everyone different. Some kids' parents raise hatred in their children in an endless cycle. If I had the power to cast spells all adults would retain their child-like innocence. 
  • Halle Berry and Janet Jackson would want me to join  them in a threesome ( did I just type that?). And have it recorded.


2 comments:

Just Kel said...

Love this list!

And I loooove Amel! :-D

You are too funny!

Daij said...

:)

Thank you!