02 May 2012

If you’d told me from the start that you’re playing around



It's alright, had a dream last night

That the world stopped turning

But your madness it kept on

Guess I wasn’t too bright

And I really wasn’t learning

Should have seen it all along.


All those sweet (sweet) sweet kisses (yeah)

And those sweet (sweet) red roses (yeah)

They convinced me it was you

I made you (you) exclusive (yeah)

Now it's so (now it’s conclusive that) conclusive

That you wasn’t doing it too.



Chorus (x2):

If you’d told me from the start that you’re playing around

It would have been fine…

Then I would have played too and I guess

I would have had a good time.



Something didn’t feel right, and I wish I knew it

I just could not see your games

I got respect for you, and you put me through it

Why would you bring me so much pain.



I would stick up for you, 'cause I did (I did adore you) adore you

While my dogs would chew you out

Tried to be so nice on those lonely nights

(On those lonely, lonely, lonely nights)

But I should have figured you out.

Chorus (x2)



(a Q Tip production)

No comments: