29 May 2012

12 Things you didn't know about me


a tattoo of my birth name Alex, phonetically spelled,on my rightarm, in Farsi

I can speak Jamaican Patois fluently.


I'm ambidextrous.

I haven't had a cold or the flu since I was a child. I have never taken a sick day because I was sick.
used to sleep so deeply that when I was a kid my mom once called 911 because she thought I was dead.

I've had an unexplainable obsession with Persian culture since I was about 8. My mother, scared that my best friend John and his family might have been trying to convert me to Islam, forbid me from having anything to do with him, his family, or any other Muslim kids in school. My guess is that her fear of their culture intrigued me more.

The closest I ever got (or will ever get) to Halle Berry was by being her then-husband Eric Benet's workout partner at the MilwaukeeYMCA whenever he was in town. We worked out about a dozen times when he was married to her. Yes, I stalked her through him. Whats the big deal? :)

During my search for my birth mother, I found out that I have an older sibling, gender unknown.

My mom won't discuss it but my older cousin and my aunts told me that my mother knew my birth mother and that she was West Indian.

I used to sleep so deeply that when I was a kid my mom once called 911 because she thought I was dead.

My mother envies my sister's and my ability to cut people off completely, as if they never existed, once they've done us wrong for the 2nd time; alot of my mother's conversations with me involve people who consistently do her wrong.

I have a son  who lives in Venezuela with his partner.His mother hasn't spoken to him since he came out of the closet at 17. That was 13 years ago. I found out when he was 17 that he wasn't my son biologically. His father was a friend of mine, from church.  He denied having had sex with the mom and insisted on getting DNA tests. He was a match. He hasn't spoken to him since he got the results. As far as we're both concerned,  I have a son,  and he lives in Venezuela. And I love him as if he carried my DNA. The way mother loves me.

Because I had a really bad speech impediment, I had gone to speech pathologists from 1st grade through to 12th grade. British and Jamaican professionals who taught me how to speak. As a result, I speak remarkably different from anyone else in my family. The stuttering is hardly noticeable.

Everyone I have ever dated for long periods has returned, telling me they didn't apprecuiate my being nice to them, that  they 'do now', begging me to take them back. I haven't taken back any of them.


No comments: