22 September 2009

Protection


"A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee."  Psalm 91:7

I can't remember which awards show it was, but it was about a year or two ago that Tyler Perry won an award for his tv show, Tyler Perry's House Of Payne. What he said in his acceptance speech was most memorable to me--something to the effect of:, "I may get a thousand No's from people and studios, but all I need is one Yes from God."   I like it because it tells me that despite the odds being  overwhelmingly against you at times or so it seems, if it's God's will, then  as long as you have faith and believe and press on, success will come. A thousand shall fall at my side, and ten thousand at my right hand; but it shall not come near me. That goes for backstabbers, bill collectors, coworkers, enemies, friends, employers, etc,.

This is one of the verses I meditate on, on my way to work,  in my evening prayers, and every stressful, frustrating, angry moment in between .

No comments: