24 October 2009

in my fortune cookie tonight-

                                       "You will receive unexpected support over the next week. Accept it graciously."
                                     
                                       I’m reminded of when I was in college. I was the editor of my college paper, and I visited The Middlesboro Daily News building. I spoke to the editor regarding a few sections of the paper, most notably, the astrology section - I wanted to know where they get their fortunes every day to put in the paper.
 I wasn’t prepared for the response he gave.

“Words are randomly selected from the dictionary and divided into 12 groups, and I use them to compose 12 groups of sentences or two, one group for each zodiac sign.”


I appreciated his honesty.

I don’t take fortune cookies seriously, but I wonder if the origin of each fortune is similar to what I learned at that newspaper office.

1 comment:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

'I don’t take fortune cookies seriously..."

I do...eating them.;)

I like very much

French
Greek
Chinese

food.