29 October 2009

Today. Not tomorrow, or the day after, or the day after that...

“Now is the accepted time, not tomorrow, not some more convenient season. It is today that our best work can be done and not some future day or future year. It is today that we fit ourselves for the greater usefulness of tomorrow. Today is the seed time, now are the hours of work, and tomorrow comes the harvest and the playtime.” -- W E B Dubois


I found this quote when I was looking for something  inspirational to send to my nephew to read, when he called and asked  if I've ever heard of W E B Dubois.
 I'm very proud of him. Despite his siblings, he's growing up, and according to my mom and sister, he's been a great help to them and he's becoming to be a good young man. I don't refer to him as a boy anymore. At 14, he's a young man, and I will do everything in my power to make sure he doesn't put off for tomorrow what can be done today, with regards to whatever he wants to be, because W E B Dubois says, Now is the accepted time, not tomorrow, not for some more convenient season.

That applies to me as well,

even at my age.

No comments: