16 October 2009

Perspectives- on being grateful



              "When you are grateful fear disappears and abundance appears. "
                                            -- Anthony Robbins

               This morning was fuel tank was beyond E. I had planned on getting gas on my way to work, and I forgot. Then I had planned on getting gas during lunch, but today I walked to a restaurant with a coworker, and then I was going to get gas right after work on the way to meeting friends after work, and I forgot. After meeting with my friends I ran a few errands, and when was about a mile away from the  gas station closest to my place, my car was making sputtering sounds before suddenly stopping on the side of the road. I was angry. I didn't feel like walking a mile down the road to buy a container to fill it full of gas and then walk back to my car.
                 But I did.
                 I made the long trek to the gas station. I was angry with myself for forgetting to get gas earlier in the day. It was dark and cloudy and it was chilly. I didn't have a jacket on.
                Then on the way back to my car with a container full of gas, I saw a young boy in a wheel chair, being pushed down the street past me by a woman I guessed might be his mother. The boy had no legs, from the knees down. I felt stupid for complaining.
             Suddenly, thanking God for my legs, I was grateful for the ability to walk to and from the gas station.

No comments: