22 April 2010

Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much.
                            -- Blaise Pascal

Did you do/say something kind to someone today? 
I committed alot of acts of kindness today. One in particular.


 Sometimes I have this obsession with being the nicest, coolest, most fun-nest person that I can be; SOMETIMES.
Sometimes I have a fear of having died knowing that I could have done something to help someone but didn't. And so I focus on committing acts of kindness. I would like to think that after death, God might ask me (even though He would already know the answer)  "Alieux,  a friend of yours commented that he was about to get his lights turned off because he decided to feed his family instead, and you had eighty dollars to spare. Did you give it to him?"       If that was the case, that I had eighty dollars to spare, I'd want to tell God, "yes, I did."

I blame my mother, actually...how she raised me. On top of her drilling in my head, "you reap what you sow,  you reap what you sow," during testimony service at church, from the days of my youth to now, she always ends her testimony with, "If I die right now, I would like for God to say to me, Well Done, My Good and Faithful Servant."

I have that tattoo on my arm, in Arabic.

حسنا فعلت ، عبدي حسن والمؤمنين 






No comments: