20 April 2011

I wonder why she won't come out of hiding?

There have been many disrespectful things and words hurled at President Obama and his family by the Republicans and the Tea Party faction, and I've always thought that they had reached a new low. This picture depicting The President as someone whose parents were apes, that I actually said to myself that I would never post, is their new lowest of the low. This is like a thousand sea levels below low.  I'm sure you have all seen this picture by now, but it was recently sent to me by my nephew. He was upset that someone is mistreating his President and he wanted to know how people can be so mean and if whoever did this could go to jail. He's 14 years old and is taking this picture personally. He was so upset about this. I'm taking it personally as well.  Unfortunately this is the world in which we are living, where people who can't accept that the leader of the free world is a black man and that they can say and do what the hell they want under the guise of freedom of speech.
And this is the woman who created it- Her name is Marilyn Davenport. She's a Southern California Tea Party activist and member of the central committee of the Orange County Republican Party. This was sent in a racist e-mail sent by her. The caption to the picture said, 'Now you know why there's no birth certificate!'
OC Republican Party chairman Scott Baugh swiftly denounced her actions, but his response did not hold any weight.  According to Baugh, his group’s bylaws state  that they cannot hold a vote to remove Davenport as an elected member just because she e-mailed the racist image to teabaggers and Republicans. Davenport made an attempt to apologize to those Orange County Republican elected officals who may have been offended by the e-mail.  Notice her apologies are for her colleagues because she feels no need to apologize to President Obama or African Americans at all.  She feels like this issue has been blown out of proportion…as they always do.  Here’s what she said about her e-mail that has the caption “Now you know why there’s no birth certificate” printed under the picture depicting the President and his parents as monkeys:
“Oh, come on! Everybody who knows me knows that I am not a racist. It was a joke. I have friends who are black.”
“You’re not going to make a big deal about this are you?” she [told The Weekly]. “It’s just an Internet joke.”
“In no way did I even consider the fact he’s half black when I sent out the email. . . .

Marilyn Davenport has refused to come out of hiding and face her critics publicly. Hmmmm  I wonder why?
Well, Najee Ali and his Project Islamic H.O.P.E. organization has decided to take the fight and protest right to her front doorstep demanding that she resign from her office.
The protest location will be outside Davenport’s home: 1292 Miramar Dr, Fullerton, CA 92831-2066

--courtesy eurweb.com
I wish I lived nearby.

8 comments:

Wonder Man said...

she should be fired

EarthAngel172 said...

"I have friends who are black.”

Classic, racist rhetoric! I would like to respectfully reply with "MFer please" to this lame excuse for not being racist. It's tired and played out.

Daij said...

I wish I lived nearby

Anonymous said...

Ugh. some people are so lame and disgusting and since they are empty inside they just do things to make people upset!

Reggie said...

I hate people.

The more I know people, the more I like roaches.

Daij said...

Is this not the lowest of the low?

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Aren't you just tired of the monkey references?? I mean really white people? REALLY? They just need to stop it. She does not have any black friends because if she did she would have been slapped by now.
I'm really not for violence against old people...but if somebody tripped her...I wouldn't be mad!

Daij said...

How about tripping her down a flight of stairs?