05 April 2011

when I was 8

i had a terrible speech impediment (actually up until 12th grade). I once thought to myself  about a girl ( who I really liked) who too often made fun of my stuttering ( sometimes also in front of other girls):
' i'm not gonna cry anymore. i'll smile instead,'
and then that day she asked me 'why aren't you mad?'
i told her my mother said 'you want me to be mad so you'll keep on bothering me. i'm not mad anymore. i like when you make fun of me.'

she never did it again.

4 comments:

25champ said...

RT! I like that...That's how I felt when ppl felt the need to remind me that I was short '5 foot 4. I was always better than my peers n everthing from academics 2 sports so my question to them was " why do I need to be tall?"...ppl want others to have an inferior complex because their the ones that feel inferior :)

Daij said...

thanks champ! My favorite living artist, is Prince, and he's 5'4", and he's taller than attitude and in his musicianship than a whole lot of people. I read one day when he had released the Controversy album, where he had a complex about being short and his sister asked him, would you rather be short and famous or tall and not famous? And he said short and famous.

Reggie said...

What a bitch.

Daij said...

reverse psychology works every time.