19 June 2012

A Combination Question of the day and Rant

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

--Author unknown.

 

Let me rephrase that, in my words-  It's best to be quiet than to open your mouth and speak of which you don't know what the f**k you're talking about (because you don't know the whole story), proving your stupidity.

 The problem with this is that stupid people don't know they're stupid. 

 I know someone who I thought was intelligent, initially. The things he used to say seemed intelligent and well-thought out. I used to heed his advice, but recently the things coming out of his mouth  have been so asinine that it leaves me completely speechless. He knows maybe 10% of the story and believes it to be 100% of the story. I now find myself questioning his comments all the time, filling him in on the parts of the story about which he knew nothing. This gets very old. Now I just roll my eyes every time he opens his mouth. 

So, my question to you is, do you correct the people in your life who says stupid s**t, or do you quietly think of them as stupid?

 (there...got that off my chest)

2 comments:

Don said...

It depends on who it is. If it's someone I'm familiar I probably extend dialogue in order for us both to learn things previously unknown.

Daij said...

yeah, i guess.