13 June 2012

Some of my favorite things


  • Black people graduating from high school and college.
  • Black couples holding hands.
  • Black men loving their women.
  • Black fathers playing with their kids.
  • An hourglass shape
  • The sound of kids laughing
  • A call in the middle of the night from her, telling me she's got a taste for one of my cakes
  • Books of  poetry by June Jordan,Maya Angelou, Amiri Baraka, Haki Madhubuti, e.e. cummings
  • The Bible
  • My Motorola Xoom 4G lte tablet
  • My Iphone
  • Blue skies and the sun on my face
  • Pics of me holding my nephew when he was first born
  • A kiss on the back of my neck
  • A fridge and kitchen cabinets stocked with food and ingredients for my cakes and other foods.
  • Black fathers spending time with their sons ( I can't say that enough).
  • Watching people enjoy what I've baked or cooked.
  • Halle Berry's face
  • Pics of me holding my son when he was first born
  • When any black person from my job that I have never seen before, acknowledges me and nods hello
  • Any music by Miles Davis, Prince, John Coltrane & Igor Stravinsky.
  • A nice well-fitted Alexander McQueen suit, white shirt, matching ties, shoes and fedora.
  • Summerfest
  • The African American, Arab,  Persian an ethnic and Gospel festivals on the Summerfest grounds
  • Classy women.

1 comment:

Don said...

All good things and more than a few that you've listed are favorites of mines as well. As far as the image of Beyonce - man, so fine, classy, beautiful.