07 June 2012

Prince is 54 today!

"New coat, huh?
That's nice
Did u buy it?
Yeah, right
U seeing that rich motherfucker again
U know who I'm talking about
That slicked back paddy with all the gold in his mouth
Don't try to play me 4 yesterday's fool
Cuz I'll slap your ass into the middle of next week
I'm sorry baby, that's the rules..."

Bob George, by Prince

HAPPY  54th BIRTHDAY, PRINCE ROGER NELSON




I remember the day I first heard his debut single Soft & Wet when it was first playing on the radio, I went and bought the 8 track tape of the album as soon it was released and i played it until the tape snapped, and I had to buy another....
Prince is good at making sure his songs aren't on youtube. Here is that single, but performed by  N'Dambi




and some of my favorites I was lucky enough to find on youtube today (that might not be available for long, as he finds uploads and asks people to take them down) :





and the male voice in this song:

1 comment:

Don said...

Great post. One of the greatest, if not THE greatest pop musician in music history. Of course it's debatable, but I believe Prince to be Top 3, easily.