31 July 2012

I was blind but now I see.

Sometimes people behave in ways that have me thinking that that’s how they are, and that I just need to accept that flaw, or that limitation,  since we're close friends.  And so I accept it.
And then I find out that flaw, that limitation is only in regards to me and not to other friends.  Which in turn says a lot about how highly they regard me. 

Again, I must recite Maya Angelou's quote, when someone shows you who they really are, believe them
People keep showing me who they really are. I mean, they protest one thing to assure me of their realness and that they can be someone I can depend on if I ever need them (because the last thing I need are fake people or fair-weather friends) but their actions say the complete opposite.  Every single time.

I'm not perfect, but I do know that  my actions equal my words. 

No comments: