09 July 2012

The stupidest thing I heard today.

I always feel encouraged to have lowered expectations as I get to know people so that I am not shocked when they say something I consider to be the stupidest (is that a word?) thing I have ever heard, today.

A friend of mine used to listen to Frank Ocean on Spotify.com. along with Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj ( I tried not to judge him on the latter 2) on a daily basis, and today he said:
"I used to love his song thinking about you, but it's obvious he's talking about some guy. I can't be liking a song that another guy is singing about a guy. It's as if  I was singing a song about a guy."

Yes, honestly, he said that. I didn't respond at first because I was waiting for his serious face to crack a smile,and for him to laugh and say something like "yo man i'm just playing,"   but he was serious.

I told him that "smart intelligent people shock me sometimes. That stupid dumb ass comment will now make me question any future comments that you make about anything."

And he had no idea why I thought that what he said was stupid..

3 comments:

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Well, I just had the new Rush album arrive in the mail, I ordered it from the band, and I likely, if I bothered to study the lyrics, which I probably will not, would disagree with a fair amount. But the quality of the music can be judged on its own.

DiDi said...

Frank really did shock the world..

Daij said...

yeah it did surprise me.